Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Kipling Elementary!

Wow, what a great bunch of 3rd graders they have at Kipling Elementary in Deerfield, Il. I had the great fortune of speaking to all three 3rd grade classrooms about India for their social studies class. We covered the history, geography, wildlife, cultures, languages, religion and poverty in India. That's a lot to talk about but the kids were amazing and followed along. They had so many interesting questions! We got to cover the pressing need in the country and then touch on some of the many organizations that are trying to do something. I briefly described our crazy charity adventure and the kids really got in to it.

Team Good Korma will try and update our blog from the road, when we find the sporadic internet cafe, for all you classrooms like Kipling Elementary that are following our rally.

When I return from India I will return to Kipling to tell the kids stories from the Indian road and show photos and video of the trip. I am looking forward to seeing all my new friends in Deerfield.

Special thanks to my Godson, Jared Boss, for coming up with the idea of having me speak at his school and for helping make it all happen. Thanks Jared!

Anthony //

No comments: