Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Laugh and the World Laughs with You....

So while looking over some of my running commentary I realized that while ingeniously funny, It's also somewhat sarcastic and ever so slightly dark, which is not the main impression I mean to leave with you about this place.

The thing you realize about India, rather quickly I might add, is if you are not laughing with her, She's laughing at you. I don't mind playing the fool back in the states from time to time, (ok, most of the time), but out here you've got to be in on the joke or you're going to get left behind.

I also feel a bit too close to all of this right now to have any sort of perspective, so I'm looking forward, when getting home and decompressing, to read Anthony's very good (and thorough) reporting of our trip. As it is, right now, I can barely remember yesterday let alone what we did 2 weeks ago. I think only then will I be able to truely grasp what it is we have accomplished here; what I take with me; and what I leave behind.

We still have a few days left and If I've learned anything about this place it's that anything can happen at any time so I'm sure I'll be back to my ridiculously briliant and, of course, witty banter in no time.

from Hyderabad
Adam

No comments: